UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres speaking at the opening of the UN Climate Change Conference COP 25 in Madrid, Spain, December 2, 2019. Photo: Antonio Guterres on Twitter
*All You Need to Know in Today’s World. Ranked. Daily.*
Following are the world’s 21 most important news stories on December 2, 2019, ranked by Pax Glocalica’s Ivan Dikov.
1. DW COP25: 200 countries pledge ′green revolution′
2. France24 Choose hope or climate surrender, says UN chief
3. France24 China sanctions US over ‘unreasonable behaviour’ in Hong Kong unrest
BBC News China suspends US Navy visits to Hong Kong over support for protests
4. BBC News Trump will not participate in impeachment hearing, White House says
5. France24 Putin, Xi oversee launch of massive Russian gas pipeline to China
DW Russia, China launch gas pipeline ′Power of Siberia′
6. DW What′s next for Chancellor Merkel′s government?
7. BBC News US mulls retaliation to French tech tax
France24 France says US pulling back on digital tax deal
8. DW Iran unrest killed at least 208 people — Amnesty International
9. France24 ‘They died to protect the people in the Sahel,’ Macron says in tribute to fallen French troops
10. BBC News Trump campaign denies press credentials to Bloomberg News
11. DW Climate change forces 20 million people to flee each year, says Oxfam
12. DW Russia: Putin signs off law targeting journalists as ′foreign agents′
13. BBC News Yang Hengjun: Australia criticises China for detainment of ‘democracy peddler’
14. France24 Several children killed in Turkish artillery attack in northern Syria, monitor says
15. BBC News Daphne Caruana Galizia murder: Malta PM Joseph Muscat to resign
16. BBC News Jaya Bachchan: India MP calls for ‘lynching’ of Hyderabad rapists
17. DW German defense minister calls for extension of NATO mission in Afghanistan
18. DW Mexican President Lopez Obrador says Bolivia′s leader Morales was a ′victim of a coup′
19. France24 Iraq parties in talks over new PM amid unrelenting protests
20. France24 Venezuelan opposition leader Guaido rocked by explosive corruption claim within his ranks
21. DW Denmark completes contentious fence along German border
(Im)Pending Climate Apocalypse:
DW COP25: 200 countries pledge ′green revolution′
France24 Choose hope or climate surrender, says UN chief
DW Climate change forces 20 million people to flee each year, says Oxfam
Political and Social Unrest:
DW Iran unrest killed at least 208 people — Amnesty International
France24 Iraq parties in talks over new PM amid unrelenting protests
DW Angela Merkel meets Germany’s protesting farmers
Tragic Incidents, Accidents, or Natural Disasters:
France24 Floods in southern France kill five, including three in a helicopter crash
France24 Thousands flee as Typhoon Kammuri churns towards Philippines
France24 Government shutdown in Samoa amid ‘cruel’ measles outbreak
BBC News Australia bushfires: Victim takes home’s remains to parliament
BBC News East Africa floods: Trapped Kenyan fisherman rescued
BBC News Shelley Morrison: Tributes after Will & Grace actress dies aged 83
BBC News Mariss Jansons: ‘Outstanding’ conductor mourned
A Note to Our Readers from around the World,
Or how to make the best use of Pax Glocalica’s Top 20+ World News of the Day Ranking:
The Top 20+ World News of the Day Ranking is a daily edition of PaxGlocalica.com, with news story links from leading international media selected and ranked by Ivan Dikov, a Bulgarian English-language political journalist and writer.
The world news stories are ranked based on their perceived international importance and impact on the global society of humans inhabiting Planet Earth as per Ivan Dikov’s subjectively objective judgment. The rubric is designed to give every reader from the around the world a very quick and efficient insight into the current event and developments that matter the most for humanity.
In addition to the World’s Top 20+ News of the Day Ranking, the daily edition includes top stories on the (Im)pending Climate Apocalypse; Current Elections; Political and Social Unrest; Tragic Incidents Accidents, or Natural Disasters; and Obituaries. News stories in those subsections are not formally ranked in terms of importance, and may include stories already featured in the Top 20+ News Ranking for the day.
The cut for including the stories in the Pax Glocalica’s Top 20+ World News of the Day Ranking from the respective date is between 12 am and 5 am Eastern European Time on the following date since both PaxGlocalica and its founder Ivan Dikov are based in Sofia.
Also feel free to check out:
– Archaeology, History, and Nature News and Features from Bulgaria and Around the World
– News and Analyses about the European Union and its member states
published on Amazon: Books by Ivan Dikov
Amazon.com 6 Million Abortions: How Communism Utilized Mass-Scale Abortion Exterminating Europe’s Fastest Growing Nation
Amazon.com Plunder Paradise: How Brutal Treasure Hunters Are Obliterating World History and Archaeology in Post-Communist Bulgaria
Amazon.com Ugly Bargain: How the European Union and Bulgaria’s Post-Communist Oligarchy Fit Together
Amazon.com Got Nukes, Mr. Dictator? You Hold On to Them!
Amazon.com Madman Diplomacy: Is North Korea Trying to Bring Back Regime Change?
If you like Pax Glocalica and our Top 20+ World News of the Day Ranking,
Please consider donating to us to help us maintain and grow it!
Make One-time Donation via Paypal!
Become a Patron on Patreon with a Monthly Donation of USD 1.00!